Here is a simple way to build the “Bat Over The Moon” design above. It is MadeWithBalloons™ and Rouse Matrix™ Banner balloon frames.
The three minute video immediately below gives you an overview of working with RMS™ Banners and with the Rouse patented “SIMPLE” technique:
This technique of loading connected balloons in adjacent openings is a Rouse Original Technique and is patented in the USA for use exclusively with Rouse Matrix™ frames. It has advantages over loading balloons in singles:
- Balloons are tied two at once.
- Pick up and handle two balloons at once.
- Load one balloon and the second is right there for loading next.
- Each balloon acts as an anchor helping to hold the other in place
The illustration below shows the “Bat Over The Moon” design laid out on RMS™ Banner graph paper. You may download the same graph paper for planning designs of your own from
LAYOUT FOR LOADING BALLOONS
The illustration below breaks the design into rows and then into pairs of balloons. Since there are an odd number of balloons in each horizontal row, there is a single balloon at the left end of each row. Combine the single balloon in one row with a single from the adjacent row. Examples are wrapped in red ovals in the illustration below. There is just one single balloon to be loaded by itself in the bottom left hand corner.
We have chosen these colors, but you may choose your own.
- 158 Purple balloons (5″-6″)
- 129 Light Blue balloons (5″-6″)
- 99 Yellow balloons (5″-6″)
- 97 Black balloons (5″-6″)
- 2 Red balloons (5″-6″) for eyes
PREPARE BALLOONS IN PAIRS
- Inflate, size & tie balloons in pairs according to the layout above (or your own revised layout if you like) and the instructions below.
- Inflate and size balloons to 4″ after squeezing them .Tie them in pairs to match your plan.
- Most balloons are not spheres, but are longer from the inflation neck to the opposite end of the balloon. Squeezing balloons as shown above before measuring them helps to get more accurate sizing.
Rouse Matrix™ Banners
- (2) Packages of RMS™’ Banner Expand-And-Load™ panels (2 panels to a package). Connect 4 of the RMS™ Banner′ panels. Connect two side by side in a horizontal line and then two more directly above them into a group of four. Rotate them 90 degrees clockwise and expand to the right into a square shape.
- Immediately below is a video that demonstrates the steps from taking the Banner Matrix out of the packages right through setting them up and ready to load balloons.
STAND UP YOUR DISPLAY
Standard installation works well. On this design we recommend using at least two base plates with vertical poles or pipes behind the display. Use them on the back side of the display. Use one near each end.
You may use cable ties (zip ties / electrical ties), elastic bands or other lines to tie around the vertical element and the Matrix straps between balloons. We recommend at least three connections on each vertical. Use at least one near the top and bottom and at least one in the middle.
Tighten the connection until balloons are snug against the vertical element. If you tighten it too much you will force balloons out of the Matrix. .
- Basic Instructions for RMS™ Banners
- Graph Paper to plan your design.
- Purchase RMS™ RMS™ Banner balloon frames online at
- Purchase Balloons from your favorite balloon distributor.
- Interest group on Facebook
- “Graphics.MadeWithBalloons“ Facebook Group
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
How To Fly Your Witch Over The Moon
THANKS TO OUR SPONSOR, Ballooniverse Mall™,
Your “Balloon Frame Super Center™” with balloon frames in more sizes, shapes and grid patterns than anyone else in the Ballooniverse.
THANKS TO YOU for joining me this time. Do come again for more “Balloon Imagination On Display™” here at “Graphics MadeWithBalloons™ Blog.
Your Host & Editor
Rouse Technologies, LLC
Clemson, SC USA
Copyright 2014 by G.Rouse